Monday, June 11, 2007

GRANNY SHOT

Ok, it's not knitting...it's crochet! My mother taught me to crochet and knit a long time ago - most likely because I begged her and drove her crazy with questions. Needless to say, I didn't really keep up with either. When I decided a few years back to craft gifts for Christmas, I picked up the crochet hook. It was amazing how the stitches came back to me. However, when I discovered the knitting needles for the second time, I was hooked (no pun intended). I don't know why, but I really LOVE to knit and it makes my hands very happy. So, imagine my surprise when the Larger Than Life bag came into my life. My friend, KS, dangled the pattern in front of me, and then Cara, at January One decided to join the cause...so, here they are - the first three of twelve granny squares(1/4 of the way there!). I must say, I am enjoying putting them together and they do work up quite quickly. I am using Red Heart Soft Yarn - 100% Acrylic in six colors. I'll keep you posted on the progress.
AND...look what arrived in the mail today fromThe Loopy Ewe (www.theloopyewe.com)
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! It is two skeins of the yummiest Claudia Hand Painted Yarn (Louet) in Chocolate Cherry (don't you love the name?) finerging weight, 100% merino wool...Right now I have no idea what it will be but I am enjoying just running my hands over it...stay tuned...


No comments: