Tuesday, June 26, 2007

FEATHERING YOUR NEST


For the past several weeks, we have had a family of birds nesting in the corner of our carport. There has been a lot of activity and, lately, a lot of chirpping going on. I think our little friends are about to leave the nest. My friend KS had a moment of clarity over the weekend, and she got me thinking about why people knit, and the different personalities of knitters. We had our monthly knit-in tonight and although it was a small group of 5 knitters, everyone there was a different type knitter. I tend to be a warm fuzzy knitter. It tends to make me relax. I like the feel of quality yarn and wooden needles. I like to be surrounded by baskets of yarn. I like knowing that I am creating something to adorn a friend or family member, (or myself). I like the idea that someone might think of me each time they slip into something hand made, just for them. Made by me with a warm heart and happy hands. So, I guess I am a feathering your nest kind of knitter.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Great post! I see you figured out how to do the link!

Since our knit-in, I've been thinking about the different kinds of knitters thing too, and it appears that we have our own little mutual admiration society going on here in our town. The other "knitters" just don't have the same level of interest. But that's okay. At least we have each other! Awww...