Thursday, September 6, 2007

Lil' Hat


A while back I came to the realization that baby socks were a much better gift idea than say blankets or sweaters. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I won't ever make sweaters or blankets, but given the time and monetary constraints, socks seem like a more practical idea. At first, I thought several pairs of socks would make a good gift...maybe even a pair for each day of the week....I then decided that what I needed was a hat/sock combo pack...thus the lil' hat. It is a pattern from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Isn't it cute? The pattern calls for Mission Falls 1824 Cotton, but I decided to try some really yummy Manos del Uruguay Stria. Once again, I am not a fan of 100% cotton yarn...don't know what it is, but it is just a little fussy to work with. I did buy some Mission Falls Cotton as well, so maybe it will change my mind...