Sunday, August 19, 2007

Little Feet


Alas, another FO. I thoroughly enjoyed knitting these little socks. It just seems too hot to knit the campfire socks...even the name is hot...BUT, I promised my sister a pair of booties as a baby gift. Instead, I decided on little socks. These are the infant size. I don't own Size 0 DPNs (probably for a good reason) so I did not make the newborn socks. These are knit in Artyarns Supermerino 4, I'm not certain, but I believe it is Color 122...very nice. I actually purchased two skeins of this yarn. Tragedy struck while attempting to wind it...looong story. Anyway, it is perfect for this project because at 191 yards a skein, an adult sock from one skein is dicey at best. The color is not as neutral as I had hoped for, but as quickly as these knit up, I will definitely make several more pairs.

By the way, I lied when I said I did not have anything else on the needles. I am working on the Clementine Shawlette in yummy Blue Sky Alpaca Silk...It is the second time around for me and this pattern so it is not quite as novel as the first time around. I did not get photos of the first one so I hope to finish this one for the record books!
Project: Bbay to Toddler Sized Socks by Miriam Felton
Yarn: Artyarns 100% Merino 4 fingering weight, Color 122
Needles: Size 1 DPNS
Modifications: None

1 comment:

Katy said...

Very, very cute!