Monday, January 5, 2009

A NEW YEAR


Christmas is over and all the decor packed away until next year. The new year came in quietly. Santa was kind enough to leave a laptop under the tree so I thought I would break it in by posting a little-of-what-little-I-knit for the holidays. The Falling Waters scarf was a hit with the mother in law. She loves the alpaca silk and actually lives in a climate cold enough to appreciate a scarf. The manly scarf was finished but did not find a home. I decided the originally intended recipient might find the itch-factor too high. Don't worry, it will find a good home. There were puff daddy neck warmers made and given (sorry, no photos for some odd reason) and I do say I liked making them and the construction has my mind racing toward other possibilities. Last, but not least, I must confess to 4 fun fur scarves...in my defense, all but one went to folks under the age of 6. All in all, not bad for someone who wasn't really motivated. I do hope that 2009 will find the needles moving a little more...besides, I HAVE to do something with a lot of yarn...there's a little one coming in April and the yarn storage will become home to little clothes - hopefully some hand knit by yours truly. Here's to a wonderful 2009!

1 comment:

Katy said...

The scarf is beautiful! No wonder she loves it! And congrats on the laptop!!!

Did you ever get your mittens?