Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Home again, home again...






It's October 17th and it seems like it should be fall - cool air, leaves turning, pumpkins on porches - not so here in the South. Fall is my favorite season. I don't know why, but it reminds me of growing up in the Midwest with piles of leaves and back to school knee highs and trick or treating with a coat over your costume. I guess that's why I have had the urge to knit bags in wonderful fall colors. I love the browns and greens and oranges. Fall also reminds me of football games and homecoming mums...speaking of homecoming, I will be out of pocket for a few days. The husband and I are headed home for my, ahem, 20-year class reunion. There has been a lot of anxiety around here... I mean, what do you wear to face your prom date after 20 years? Anyhoo, I'll let you know how it goes. I have already packed my bag and selected my travel knitting (I love to knit on planes) I promised a friend some toddler socks, so that is the plan...and if I get bored with those, I have a bright red Odessa hat on the needles. So, I'll leave you with some pics of my fall bags (maybe it will actually drop below 80 degrees soon!)

No comments: